The advent of space tourism occurred at the end of the 1990s with a deal between the Russian company MirCorp and the American company Space Adventures Ltd.
Despite reluctance from NASA, Russia made American businessman Dennis Tito the world’s first space tourist on April 30, 2001.
On September 18, 2006, Anousheh Ansari, a telecommunications entrepreneur, became the first female space tourist and the fourth space tourist overall.
Nowadays, we have all heard about “space entrepreneurs” and “space tourism”, with SpaceX opening the doors to private space tourism.
Then, what are you waiting for? Make your reservations now. The space tourism industry is officially open for business, and tickets are going for a mere $20 million for a one-week stay in space!
Write a short article for the “NNC Space adventures” magazine on the topic of space tourism: what do you see in outer space? Who did you interview? Is there a future for private space tourism?
Be aware that:
- The file size must not exceed 5Mb
- The article should be between 200 and 600 words.
- File format: pdf (you can also write in the text box, and attach images by clicking on add files)
- The elements included in the article are the following: title (the title is differentiated between pre-title, title and subtitle, this is optional at the reporter’s choice), lead-in and body.
- The author’s name must be included as well as the date and place where it was written. This information should be added in the lead-in.
- The text must be divided into columns/paragraphs.
- It is recommended to add a photo to illustrate the news item, and in this case, a caption should be added.