Sexuality and Pop Culture
Almost everyone in modern times watches tv shows, movies or listens to music. Popular culture (or pop culture for short) shapes our relationships, can influence our opinions and can change the way we view ourselves and others. Pop culture also shapes and is shaped by ideology, including ideologies about sex, gender, and sexuality.
Popular media, from its early stages, understood that “sex sells,” and depictions of sexual content and imagery abound in popular film, television, and advertising. Feminist critics have often condemned what has been seen as regressive and often objectifying portrayals of sex and sexuality.
That’s why we want you to create a video where you express your views and opinions on this topic. You can interview anyone you think could contribute to your argument.
The videos can be edited or not, include musical creations, graphic animation, text… whatever you can think of. You have creative freedom in terms of the format of the video, as long as the minimum requirements are met:
- Length (including title and credits, if any):
o Minimum: 30 seconds
o Maximum: 3 minutes
- File format: through a link to youtube
- They can be recorded with any device (mobile phone, camera, tablet, etc.) as long as they have a minimum resolution of 640p
- The videos must be made with audiovisual material belonging to the participants.
- Audiovisual material from a third party may be used if the copyright permits it.
- Third party copyrights and licences of use must appear in the end credits.
RESPONSE FORMAT: VIDEO
RESPONSE LANGUAGE: ALL THE LANGUAGES